Saturday, August 18, 2007

Never never land

"I will never........." some famous last words .People often say that they will never do this or never do that.While there are certain things persons are incapable of doing, we sometimes lapse and compromise our principles.In a moment of weakness, we give into our temptations and desires.This moment of lapse could potentially have dire consequences or it can simply remind us that we are human.We all make mistakes, but one of the hardest mistake for anyone with a conscience, is to go against what we have established as a principle.

The important thing is not to beat up yourself or abandon your ideals.We all make mistakes.It is important not to constantly make the same mistake and be careful of oaths we make before God and man.Be honest with yourself and know your frailties.Strive to not repeat the same blunders.Learn and move on.Until someone comes up with a time machine,we can't change the past.Let the past be a lesson learned for the present.

2 comments:

Ak-Man said...

I know what I've never done . . . Don't know what I'll never do.

I try to stay true with myself, but that come with putting in the effort to know myself.

Gotta test myself and explore my mind and my opinions in depth.

Michaela said...

Good post. I totally agree and it something that I've been dealing with; not beating myself up when I make mistakes.

Anup Shah, US and Foreign Aid Assistance, GlobalIssues.org, Last updated: Sunday, April 27, 2008