Friday, July 6, 2007

Crossroads


At some point in a person's life,we reach a crossroad. A point in one's life where we must make a decision that will probably alter the course of our lives, perhaps forever.We can make our decision based on several factors. Many people make theirs because of heavy peer pressure, culture influence, weakness, fear,or just common sense.But if you carefully analyze the choice of your life's journey, it is based on you.You still have the final say no matter how insignificant the moment is.Outside stimuli might pushed you towards your decision but taking the first step is still in your hands in most cases.

Everyone has been at a crossroad or many crossroads in their lives.For me it came one day as I was locked up and was about to face either jail time,incarceration in a mental institution or both.

Growing up I had positive influences in my life but at the same time negative ones. My habits and thought process seemed to be genetically encoded in me , handed down from generation to generation.I was taught to do good but somehow always drifted towards that dark part of myself.The part that just doesn't give a shit.The part that wanted to do whatever I felt like doing.

But then that crossroad came!A decision had to be made to either keep going down the road I was heading and suffer the consequences,or try to live another way.Change is inevitable and hard.Change is necessary.Change is growth.That is what happen then and there without knowing what would come out of the situation,I chose to live better.

It is a constant struggle for me.And there are days that I feel bloodied and battered but never defeated.This is a constant.Until the day I stop breathing my intention is to experience as much positive and fulfilling experiences as possible.Bad things do happen and you have to just be equip to deal with them.

Your choices and decisions do affect you!

No comments:

Anup Shah, US and Foreign Aid Assistance, GlobalIssues.org, Last updated: Sunday, April 27, 2008