Thursday, July 19, 2007

A higher population

For years growing up in the ghetto I have heard that drugs were bad.Now everyday I turn on my T.V. I see an ad for a new drug to relieve some type of pain. The ads then tell you of all kind of side effects.Replacing one discomfort for another.So what is the different between illicit drugs and these? Drugs such as cocaine,heroin,valium xanax are all man made drugs which are being used by the medical profession.

Alcohol and tobacco have killed more than most of these drugs combine but yet is still legal.Marijuana is still criminalized even though it is a natural substance and been found to have many medicinal purpose.The cries that today's marijuana ( even the term marijuana itself is a racist term geared toward Hispanics "1937 Marihuana State Tax") is more potent than yesterday, for me, falls on deaf ears.

These pharmaceutical drugs are being constantly being recalled for some adverse affect they cause.Governments are not investigating if these companies knowingly put these drugs on the market with the adverse affects but yet will spend millions and millions of dollars to incarcerate a drug user.Why not spend this money on rehabilitating the user or prosecuting these companies? I saw a pamphlet of a list of pharmaceutical drugs and the list seemed endless.

These companies are the legal "Pablo Escobars" and should be grouped as "Cartels".Granted some of these drugs are very helpful but I think these companies are going too far.When since do I need a drug for restless legs,my goodness just rest your legs.I am not a fan of illegal or legal drugs because I have seen what abuse of them could do.But don't lie to me and tell me one is bad, the other good when you know it is the exact opposite.

You know what it is,whose pockets the profits stays in.If it is in the elite pockets,good, the not so elite,bad.We won't even begin to speak on where and who most of these companies test these drugs on that's another criminal topic.Shameful.Lies have become truths.What message are we sending kids?Any discomfort you feel just take drugs.

Better living through chemicals!The harmful store bought kind!

No comments:

Anup Shah, US and Foreign Aid Assistance, GlobalIssues.org, Last updated: Sunday, April 27, 2008