Monday, July 30, 2007

A truly great week!


(Sung to the Christmas tune "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year")

Its the most wonderful time of the year
With sharks that are biting
Blood and sharp teeth it will have you in fear
Its the most wonderful time of the year
Its the hap-happiest season of all
With predators preying and lot of maiming
I will have a ball
Its the hap-happiest season of all.


Yes folks it is "Shark Week" on the Discovery Channel.One of my favourite time of year (James Bond week a close second).I am fascinated by sharks and their predatory nature.An amazing fact that I learned last "Shark Week" was that some sharks are on the verge of extinction for being hunted too much out of fear for them.Imagine what that would do to the ecosystem.I am not much of a television watcher ( more of a movie guy) but I will try to catch as much of "Shark Week" as I can, I love it!

Which brings me to talking about my two other joys,the Internet and the Discovery Channel.Besides books the best ways to retrieve information.When I want to learn about document management,or about accounting software,or when I am looking for that 2nd mortgage the Internet is the place.When I want to learn about dirty jobs,the most deadliest catch or "Shark Week" ,the Discovery Channel.

When these two forms of media no longer exists then I know that western civilization has finally collapse!




Over at Ashwin’s blog, you will find one crazy blog owner!! You can win $2500!! To enter just copy this text and paste it in your blog!! But hurry, this competition will not last long! So get posting! "


No comments:

Anup Shah, US and Foreign Aid Assistance, GlobalIssues.org, Last updated: Sunday, April 27, 2008